YOGA BIOMECHANICS AND THE SCIENCE OF STRETCHING
FRIDAY / PERJANTAI 12.00–18.00
SATURDAY / LAUANTAI 10.00–18.00
SUNDAY / SUNNUNTAI 9.00–17.00
Join yoga educator and author Jules Mitchell on her 3-day flagship training course that weaves together yoga asana with the basics of biomechanics to take your knowledge and teaching confidence to the next level. The latest in movement research and foundational scientific concepts are discussed in an easy-to-understand, practical way that builds body awareness and will immediately impact the way you teach and practice yoga.
A sample of discussion and interactive topics include:
• Differentiate between anatomy and biomechanics
• Improve range of motion without stretching
• Challenge the conventional script for even the most basic poses
• Explore how tendons and similar connective tissues respond and adapt to loads
• Create more clarity and accuracy in alignment cues
• Consider how specific cueing and intentional loading can promote positive tissue change
• Examine the fascinating role of neuroscience in pain and mobility
• Explore how to individualise and enhance poses with creative prop placement
• Play with unique and effective tools such as isometric and resistance stretching
If you are a body-nerd, science-buff or simply curious about how to create positive tissue change through your yoga asana practice, this course is for you! This course is particularly useful for teachers and teacher
Jules is a sought-after yoga educator and regularly contributes to teacher training programmes and leads workshops and courses worldwide.
In February 2019, Jules released her ground-breaking book "Yoga Biomechanics: Stretching Redefined".
Watch a short video of Jules telling about her book: http://tinyurl.com/yylxcpak
For more information about Jules, please visit her website www.julesmitchell.com
PRICE AND ENROLMENT